Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Belated RIP Mickey Knox

Sometimes, you work so hard, you forget a certain person who died was in a film or you didn't ever know that person died. And because I really only do RIPs for people who are in films already inducted, this does not happen often. Unfortunately this year, it did happen.


1921-2013

On November 15, Mickey Knox died at the age of 91 of natural causes. Of course, many of you might have seen him as Marshal Straneiro in 1994's Cemetary Man, but for the film he was in that got inducted into Monster Crap, that would have to be playing the role of Ray...


Now if you are wondering which character Ray was in the film, in all honesty, I don't know. But the biggest crime is I never mentioned Mickey Knox's past because one of the biggest things I could have mentioned was the guy was actually blacklisted during the Joseph McCarthy era and that he was able to survive that nightmare.

I would also be remised if I didn't mention that Quentin Tarentino (the original scriptwriter for Natural Born Killers) named his lead character in that film after him.

You will be missed, Mickey.

No comments:

Post a Comment