Friday, July 31, 2015

RIP "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

1954 - 2015
 
I am sad to hear today that the man who changed the questions when we had the answers, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has passed away at the age of 61 due to a cardiac arrest. He was known in wrestling for his great character and that translated to film with the great John Carpenter film, They Live. If you all young guys want to know how great that film was, Rowdy Roddy Piper's character goes into a bank full of aliens with a gun and said that he was going to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and he ran all out of gum. In fact, he was supposed to be at a horror convention that I am attending this October and I was definitely going to get his autograph. But alas, that won't happen now. While mourning this great man's passing, I realized I had never inducted a movie with him in it and that has to change. So instead of Tim Curry Month (which I was planning for this month), October's special induction this year will be Roddy Piper month where I induct one of the films he is in and yes, like many actors, he has had plenty of films that are bad that are available. Hot Rod, you will dearly be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment